Smart/Maher VFW National Citizenship Education Teacher Awards
Teacher of the Year 2023-2024
The 2023-2024 Teacher of the Year Program. Highlights are as follows:
- The nominating Individual must submit the nominated teacher's name on the completed VFW Teacher Nomination Form. Include with the form, a 350 word or less description of why the nominee should be selected. Describe the teacher's innovative teaching and resource development methods, as well as his/her dedication to teaching. Submit these to the local VFW Post no later than October 31, 2023
- Last year’s winners are not eligible to apply this year. They can enter the competition again next year.
- Application and a one-page nomination essay need to be submitted to VFW Post 6464, 215 Veterans Drive, Fowlerville, Michigan 48836, no later than 31 October 2023. If selected for one of the three awards; the Post chairperson will contact you for the additional information required for submission of the application. One page Biography, up to five pages of supporting documents and a wallet size picture.
- Each Post can submit one candidate for Teacher of the Year for grades K-5, 6-8 and 9-12.
- VFW Post 6464's point of contact: George Wygant, VFW Post 6464 Chairperson, (517) 515-0471.
- Auxiliary 6464's point of contact: Carol Johnson, Auxiliary 6464 Chairperson, (517) 712-4574.