Teacher of the Year 2021-2022
The 2021-2022 Teacher of the Year Program has some changes this year. Highlights are as follows:
- The nominating individual must submit the nominated teacher’s name on the completed VFW Teacher Nomination Form. Included with the form a 350 word or less description of why the nominee should be selected. Describe the teacher’s innovative teaching and resource development methods, as well as his/her dedication to teaching. Submit these to the local VFW Post no later than October 31, 2021.
- Last year’s winners are not eligible to apply this year. They can enter the competition again next year.
- This program is no longer a part of the VFW National All-American Program for Post, and is not a requirement for the All-State Program.
- Application and a one page nomination essay need to be submitted to VFW Post 6464, 215 Veterans Drive, Fowlerville, Michigan 48836, no later than 31 December 2021. If selected, the Post chairpersons will contact you for the additional information required for submission of the application. Biography, up to five pages of supporting documents and a wallet size picture.
- Each Post can submit one candidate for Teacher of the Year for grades K-5, 6-8 and 9-12.
-The Department of Michigan can only select one teacher K-12 too forward to the National Competition
- VFW Post 6464's point of contact: George Wygant, Post Chairperson, (517) 515-0471.
- Auxiliary 6464's point of contact: Lynn Steward, Auxiliary Chairperson, (517) 237-2092